A Pulpit of Wood (Nehemiah 8) - 11/3/19
THEME: The centrality of the Word of God in all that we do as a congregation is of immense importance.
I. A RETURN TO THE WORD OF GOD (8:1-5)
Jerusalem was like a lot of churches today - blessed with marvelous facilities and beautiful sanctuaries but having no heart for the things of God. The people needed spiritual depth in their lives.
1. Bring your __________ to church.
2. Bring your __________ to church, and worship together.
3. Bring your appetite - Come hungry for the Word!
4. Go to a Bible believing/preaching church.
5. Honor the Word at church! Listen attentively and respect the Word entirely.
II. A REFOCUS ON THE WORSHIP OF GOD (8:6)
Worship should be "_____-centered," not "_____-centered."
III. REVELATION FROM THE WORD OF GOD (8:7-9)
The word distinctly means to "make it clear."
When they realized how they had sinned against the Lord it convicted them and they ________."
Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law." (Proverbs 29:18)
IV. REJOICING IN THE WORD OF GOD (8:10-12)
Do you come to church to be made to "feel good?" (2 Timothy 4:1-5)
1. Their sorrow is removed (v. 10c)
2. Their sins are remitted (v. 11)
3. Their salvation was to be rejoiced in (v. 12)
V. A REVIVAL FROM THE WORD OF GOD (8:13-18)
The bottom line of any revival meeting is that people's lives are __________.
1. The stamina of renewal (v. 13)
2. The search for righteousness (v. 14)
3. The shout of revival (v. 15)