- Tabernacle Baptist Church
Christ the Eternal King of Glory (Luke 1:31-33) - 12/22/19
Download the Sermon Notes for December 22, 2019.
- The "modern" approach to Christmas - shall we eliminate the supernatural? Is the Virgin Birth essential to the Christmas story?
- Don't miss the reality of Who Jesus truly !
1. Christmas Celebrates Christ's Earthly Life of Perfection (v. 32)
- Jesus was a real human being.
- Christmas celebrates the Incarnation.
- Religion or Relationship?
- Consider some of the Bible's testimony about Jesus:
1 Peter 2:22
2. The Cross Culminates Christ's Eternal Love for People (v. 31)
- Why was He called Jesus? It's the OT word, "Joshua." It means _____________ ____ ______________.
John 3:16; Romans 5:8
Luke 19:10; Matthew 1:21
1 John 4:9-10, 19
3. The Consummation Coronates Christ's Excelling Lordship over His Purchased Possession (v. 32b-33)
Two aspects of the Kingdom:
The Throne of David
The Throne of your Life - Christ's spiritual reign in the hearts of His people.
Why is this of critical importance? Hebrews 9:27