Servants, Saints & Salvation (Philippians 1:1-2) - 11/10/19
I. THE SERVANTS OF GOD (v. 1a)
A. The Men of God - Paul and Timothy
B. The Message of the Gospel - Jesus Christ
C. The Motivation of Grace - Bondservants
- In the days of the writing of the Bible, there were three ways you could become a slave.
- What is very interesting is that the Bible says you can become a slave to sin in each of these three ways.
1. We are born in sin - Ps. 51:5
2. Sin rules over us - Ps. 19:13; Rom. 6:12
3. Sin has us in debt, a debt we cannot pay - Rom. 6:23
II. THE SAINTS IN CHRIST (v. 1b)
A. WHO is a SAINT? One who is ______________ - You are either a Saint or an Ain't.
B. WHAT is a SAINT? One who is ___________ ________________.
III. THE SALUTATION OF SALVATION (v. 2)
A. The Reality of Salvation - Grace
B. The Result of Salvation - Peace