The Wisdom and Power of the Cross (1 Corinthians 1:18-25) - 10/31/21
Some Are Perishing.
- The to the cross is foolishness.
- The folly of the perishing
- They trust in worldly wisdom (v. 20).
- They trust in their own intellect (v. 21).
- They look for wisdom/hope/life in the wrong places (vv. 22-24).
- They think they have all the answers (v. 25a).
- They think they can do all things (v. 25b).
Some Are Being Saved.
- The cross is the power to save and transform.
- They hear, believe, and trust in the preached Word (v. 21).
- They see Christ for who He is (v. 23).
- To the "called," the cross is power and wisdom (vv. 24-25).
For complete sermon notes, visit: