What's a Man to Do? (Proverbs 30:1-17) - 1/26/20
Updated: Jan 26, 2020
Introduction: A Foundation of Truth
I. WE MUST TEACH OUR CHILDREN (vv. 1-9)
A. The Word of God
1. What God's Word Is (vv. 2-3)
- God's Word is knowledge of the Holy One!
2. Why God's Word Should Be Obeyed (vv. 4-5)
- Because of the One whose word it is!
a. He is the omnipresent One.
b. He is the omniscient One.
c. He is the omnipresent One.
- Therefore, practice the principle of praise (Rom. 8:28).
3. Why You Should Not Add to God's Word (v. 6)
- You are a cultural Christian when you have the god you want, rather than the God who is.
B. The Wisdom of the Wise
1. A Proper Understanding of Truth.
2. A Proper Understanding of Treasure.
II. WE MUST TRAIN OUR CHILDREN (vv. 10-17)
A. Lest They Curse You (vv. 10-13)
- Being pure in their own eyes.
B. Lest They Condemn You (vv. 14-17)
- Being prideful in their own ego.
- They exemplify the root sins of unbelief, rebellion & pride.
III. WE MUST TURN BACK TO CHRIST (Jeremiah 6:16)
A. Disciples not Decisions
B. Discipline not Indifference
- Do you know Him? (Prov. 30:4)