- Tabernacle Baptist Church
God Has Spoken (Hebrews 1:1-3) - 6/9/21
Download the Sermon Notes for June 9, 2021.
-Hebrews is all about spiritual maturity....
-The essential message of Hebrews to the believer: Hear and Heed the Word.
The Danger of Failure to Heed God's Word:
#1. Drifting from the Word (2:1-4).
Cause: Neglect (2:3).
#2. Departing (Or Doubting It) from the Word (3:7-4:13).
Cause: Hard Heart or unbelief (3:12-3).
Result: Confusion, 4:12-16.
#3. Dullness Toward the Word (5:11-6:20).
Cause: Laziness, sluggishness.
Result: Childishness (or immaturity).
#4. Disobedience (Despising It) of the Word (10:26f).
Cause: Willful sin.
#5. Denial (Defying It) of the God of the Word (12:12-29).
Cause: Bitterness (12:15), leading to inability to repent, then refusal to hear (12:25).
-Note, another argument for Pauline authorship: 2 Pet. 3:15-16
The first word is GOD.
-God is Sovereign.
-The Bible is the Word of God.
HOW HAS GOD SPOKEN?
1. Various times and different ways in time past.
2. In these last days.
-The Key Issue:
SEVEN STATEMENTS ABOUT CHRIST (1:2-3):
1. Heir of all things - Adoption
2. Creator of the ages or worlds (Col. 1:15-18) - Creation
3. The Brightness of His glory (John 1:18) - Inspiration
4. The Express Image of His Person - Revelation
5. Upholding all things with the Word of His Power - Preservation
6. The Purging of our Sins - Purification
7. He Sat down at the Right Hand of the Majesty on High - Intercession
Hebrews: The Superiority of Christ’s Person; The Sufficiency of Christ’s Priesthood; and the Supernatural Christian Profession