Sermon Notes: The Blessing of a Determined Devotion, Part 1 (Daniel 1) - 6/14/20
The Church at large has lost interest in Biblical Prophecy
The Book of Daniel is to the Old Testament what Revelation is to the New Testament.
Daniel was a man of integrity, interpretation, and inspiration.
Daniel sets forth a clear picture of the Sovereign God of History, the Lord Jesus Christ, a worthy object of our earthly worship.
In Revelation you will see the Sovereign God of the Hereafter, the Lord Jesus Christ, a worthy object of our eternal worship.
As we study this great prophetic book and learn what the future holds we will discover how to live a godly life in the midst of a corrupt and dying world.
I. Devotion and Daniel’s Integrity (1)
Note Daniel’s purpose (1:8): (Cf. 1 Cor. 10:13)
A. The Conquered Conscripts (1:1-7)
1. Tragedy for God’s People (vv. 1-2)
The Prophecy of Isaiah 39:6-7...
2. Testing for God’s Men (vv. 3-7)
- A Faithful Remnant
- Students of the Word
B. The Courageous Captives (1:8-16)
1. Living with Purpose (v. 8) - “Daniel...would not defile himself.”
2. Learning from Providence (vv. 9-16)
C. The Chosen Champions (1:17-21)
1. Spiritual Gifts from God (v. 17)
2. Sustaining Grace from God (vv. 18-19)
3. Surpassing Greatness among Men (vv. 20-21)